We are a family of four dynamic, fast growing companies all taking on tough sustainability challenges
We work hard, we grow fast, the stakes are high, the pressure is on and we need help to make sure we are ready for growth
A Financial Administrator Champion
(20-40 hrs. per week, based in Utrecht The Netherlands)
This is a great opportunity for ‘returners’ or part timers
Do you recognise yourself in this?
You are steady, tedious, professional, hardworking, proud to be a financial nerd, you have a secret love affair with spreadsheets and Exact online, you own the numbers, the procedures and the reports and you take deep pride in having it all under control
- You realise that the financial administration is the back bone of success and growth
- You are proactively looking for ways to work more efficient
- You realise that it’s about self-starting action and completion
- You are proud to present a complete, correct, up to date and realistic picture of the financial status of the organisations to management on time, every time
- You lie awake at night if you know the numbers don’t add up
- You consider it fun that the right financial procedures are implemented
- You just love to derive and report on key financial performance indicators, keeping in mind the strategy of the organisation, so management understands and can make the right decisions
You have proven relevant experience to perform in this vacancy. You have excellent computer skills, especially in Excel, Exact Online and other accounting software tools or you are quick and eager to learn. You are a team player, proactive, attentive to detail and have the ability to perform financial analyses. The ability to develop project and company budgets and reports is a must. So is experience in working in and with international businesses. Excellent knowledge of the English and Dutch language; Spanish is a plus. At least five years’ experience in a similar position is preferred.
Are you ready to execute and take ownership of the following responsibilities?
- Overall responsibility for the accurate and timely registration of all receivables and payables in the financial administration system, as well as other bookings (payroll, depreciation, etc.), which complete the financial administration of all the companies
- Monitor the correct and timely hour writing of colleagues
- Prepare monthly financial analytical reports (KPIs & Ratios, P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statement) for management and shareholders
- Manage cash flows to ensure continued liquidity and ability to meet financial obligations when they fall due
- Coordinate with external companies to which we outsourced staff payroll activities and pension administration, insurance and banks
- Assure and prepare timely, accurate payments
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; maintain an orderly database with all contracts with partners and clients
- Facilitate annual company (interim) audits through preparation of a draft financial statement, related schedules and trial balance sheets
- Make sure the data in the system is complete
- Report on monthly bank reconciliation
- Ensure the companies’ tax obligations are met by submitting all necessary tax declarations
- Prepare the companies’ budgets and forecast, in close collaboration with management
- Prepare project proposals and budgets and review the monitoring of project budgets by project officers
- Support and liaise with company management and project managers where needed
- Provide support on the financial administration in projects for or with clients on a consultancy basis
- Take initiatives to optimize processes
Our fantastic offer to you
We offer you a position working in four fast growing and highly dynamic social enterprises with small teams of motivated and dedicated professionals. Each company has broad international exposure and has substantial global impact on sustainability. Oh, and we offer the best company lunches.
Full time salary between EUR 2,500 and EUR 3,000 monthly based on a 40hrs work week, depending on experience and qualifications, bonus depending on the result of the companies and your performance and contribution.
Contract duration: 1 year, to be renewed upon positive performance evaluation. But our strong intent is that you stay with us for longer.
Part time or flexible hours is possible. Talk to us and we will see if we can make it work.
You will mainly work at the headquarters of Thriving Coalitions, SCOPEinsight, NewForesight and Signifisense in the center of Utrecht. Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Management teams of the organizations.
If you are interested in this position we invite you to send your resume and cover letter to Tessa van der Meiden before 1st of March. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NewForesight turns tough sustainability challenges into shared opportunities.
In dedicated partnerships with our clients we initiate, shape, and drive the transformational strategies required for lasting impact.
Our clients are frontrunners in their sector who have chosen to take on a complex sustainability challenge. They know such systemic problems cannot be addressed alone, and look to include other stakeholders and create momentum for change in their sector.
For more information http://www.newforesight.com
SCOPEinsight believes in professional agriculture. SCOPEinsight sets the world standard for assessing the level of professionalism for farmers and their organizations.
Our clients are leading international organizations working in agriculture in emerging countries and are committed to help them become more professional.
About Thriving Coalitions
Partnerships and coalitions are key to solve though sustainability challenges. ThrivingCoalitions is the shared service center for front- (project leaders, assistants) and back office solutions (financial administration, legal, HR, Marketing) for impact coalitions. We make Coalitions thrive.
Coming soon: Signifisense
In order to have more than you have, you need to become more than who you are. Signifisense is committed to help create the next generation of change makers. For everyone who feels they are different and are here to make a difference. Signifisense offers business coaching, mentoring and training programs and will help to build insanely successful change makers and social entrepreneurs.